Re: [bk patch] Make cardbus compile in -pre4

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 23:02:23 EST

Andreas Dilger wrote:

> On Feb 08, 2002 18:25 -0800, Patrick Mochel wrote:
> > (I don't have a public repository yet, so there's no place to pull form)
>
> I don't see why everyone who is using BK is expecting Linus to do a pull.
> In the non-BK case, wasn't it always a "push" model, and Linus would not
> "pull" from URLs and such? Why are people not simply doing:
>
> !bk send -r+ (other options) -
>
> from within their editor (or equivalent) to inline the CSET in the email?
> This has the added advantage that other people reading the email can also
> import the CSET immediately if they so desire.

This is a good point...

'bk pull' is probably most useful to high volume submitters, where the
contents of most patches is either obvious and/or uninteresting. 'bk
send -d -r<rev> -' should be fine for importing.

But this is still a trial run of BK, so who knows what will wind up to
be the best policy for casual submitters.

And there's nothing wrong at all with sending GNU patches...

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "I went through my candy like hot oatmeal
Building 1024    |  through an internally-buttered weasel."