Re: [reiserfs-dev] 2.5.4-pre1: zero-filled files reiserfs

From: Alex Riesen (fork0@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 17:07:13 EST

Hi,
hmm.. You're demanding too much(mkreiserfs) - it's my home partition :)
And really sorry, i even forgot about reiserfsck it before the patch.
Maybe the corruptions are from previous kernels, but the zero-files
are observed for the first time, particularly in the .bash_history.

And yes, that's the same box (i have no other spare box to
experiment with). The memtest didn't found anything (maybe,
i had it run only 1pass for about 1 hour). The processor
is not overclocked, the cooler is native (sold together with
the processor). But the zero-files was seen in the day before
machine check exceptions were occured.

Sorry for such a dirty test environment, i was really not prepared.
Logs attached.
-alex

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:51:55AM +0300, Oleg Drokin wrote:
> these corruptions are not from the previous kernels (particularly
> bad_leaf: block 211482 has wrong order of items record worries me)
Also I hope this is not on the same box, where you are getting
Machine Check Exceptions.