Re: [Fwd: i810_audio]

From: Ben Clifford (benc@hawaga.org.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 14:37:11 EST

> Ben Clifford wrote:

> Your particular report sounds like the recording bugs that have already been
> fixed by my 0.13 version of the driver. Please download that and see if
> recording works better for you. It can be found at
> http://people.redhat.com/dledford/i810_audio.c.gz

I dumped that into my kernel source directory - it seems to have pretty
much inverted the problem:
rec now doesn't crash.

However, playback *does* now crash the machine.

It crashes at the same time as rec was crashing, at the end of the
playback, although this time it locks up on something as simple as:

cat anything > /dev/dsp

It manages to display the shell prompt again before crashing.

Its been several years since I attempted to do any kernel debugging - can
someone advise what I can do to get more info?

Ben

--
Ben Clifford     benc@hawaga.org.uk
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/ben/  GPG: 30F06950