Re: [Fwd: i810_audio]

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 10:39:29 EST

Ben Clifford wrote:

> I took have problems recording. I'm using the i810 driver
> in 2.4.16
>
> I can do:
>
> cat < /dev/sound/dsp > /dev/sound/dsp
>
> and get a few seconds delayed echo of what is going on, as I would expect.
>
> However, if I try to use anything more complicated, it locks up my system
> - no keyboard, no network, needs to be hard booted.
>
> The programs I have tried are "rec" which comes with sox-12.17.1 and a
> downloaded utility called voice chat.
>
> What happens is: the recording happens, but when the program ends, either
> by itself or by being killed, the system locks up.
>
> So maybe this is something to do with restoring settings at the end of the
> recording?
>
> Playback happens with no problem.
>
> Below is the lspci output for the sound system, if it is of any use.
>
> If there is any more info anyone wants, please ask.

Your particular report sounds like the recording bugs that have already been
fixed by my 0.13 version of the driver. Please download that and see if
recording works better for you. It can be found at
http://people.redhat.com/dledford/i810_audio.c.gz

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems