AW: AW: Informix 7.3 and Linux Kernel 2.4

From: Stolle, Martin (KIV) (MStolle@kiv.de)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 02:20:08 EST

Hello Andre,

thanks for your help,

I used Kernel 2.4.17rc2-aa2 instead of 2.4.15pre9aa1 (i didn't know, whether
there
is the filesystem corruption bug in it).
I didn't use bouncing buffers and configured to allow I/O on high memory.

The backup is now about three times slower as before, the online work is
faster,
but the whole system works and it is not necessary any longer to reboot the
system.

It seems, that the mainline has a problem with a big count of buffers (~1M)

I'm sorry, that i didn't write again at once, but I had to test it first.

Thanks for all,

Martin