Re: ATHLON HELP ME ON THIS PLZ!!!!

From: Mike Harrold (mharrold@cas.org)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 16:07:52 EST

> I know i have been posting too many questions on this subject and i also
> know that these athlon issues were deeply discussed some week ago.
> So i went back and READ ALL the posts concerning dual athlon machines and
> even chipsets! But my dought remains.
>
> I am about to buy a dual athlon pc, a tyan's thunder k7 S2462 ( 760mp ) and
> two 1800 or 1700 ahtlon MP processors.
> I will buy the registered DDram supported or advised by tyan's manufacturer
> as well as a good power supply and some major cooling.
>
> My main question is: Am i going to have any kind of problems when trying
> to run a SMP kernel???

Actually, I'm interested in this as well. The only thing stopping me from
buying a dual Athlon MP is the problems I keep reading about here on lkml.
I don't want to spend the money only to have problems.

So, if anyone is running dual Athlon MPs *flawlessly*, I'd appreciate a
hardware listing (MB, Bios version, RAM type & manufacturer, etc.).

Thanks,

/Mike