Re: Concerning a driver rewrite (NOT THE KERNEL)

From: victor1 torres (camel_3@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 13:45:29 EST

Alan-
(How do you intend the two pieces to interact ?)
I intend for the two pieces to interact with each other since they both have
access to the DSP. (DSP code will be aviable in late Janurary for the
Modem).
(If you are also loading the sound driver you are likely to get into a mess
with current 2.4 because the sound code sticks its nose into the codec bus
somewhat further nowdays. )
I understand that the codec sticks its nose into the codec bus but canīt I
add another (nose) into it also.
You driver also seems to be assuming the sound
driver has initialised the codec bus and codecs.) How could I fix it if the
sound codec is not initialised so that the modem codec could initialised
the codec bus and codecs?
Thank you