Re: VIA sound and SNDCTL_DSP_NONBLOCK error.....

From: Jeff (piercejhsd009@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 05:29:03 EST

Actually, upgrading from 1.4.x version supplied with Slackware 8.0 to
the latest version 1.9.1 solved the SNDCTL_DSP_NONBLOCK problem.
The new problem is now

      val = 0; // no input sigs get to output
      if (ioctl(mixer_fd, MIXER_WRITE(SOUND_MIXER_OUTSRC), &val) < 0)
      {
         fprintf (stderr, "mixer outsrc failed\n");

Failing, all the other of the many ioctl calls work ok.

p.s sorry about saying suse, weak memory :-).

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
> >
> > I am a ham radio operator who wishes to use the sound card for digital
> > comunications. However, my system has the VIA 82c686/ac97 sound. While I
> > can ofcourse make the sound work, playing/recording,etc, I cannot use it
> > with ham software.
> > Take twpsk31 for example, it compiles, but when trying to run it stops
> > on:
> > SNDCTL_DSP_NONBLOCK: illegal parameter.
>
> update the software to use normal fcntl(2)
>
> --
> Jeff Garzik | Only so many songs can be sung
> Building 1024 | with two lips, two lungs, and one tongue.
> MandrakeSoft | - nomeansno

jeff
piercejhsd009@earthlink.net