Re: SiS/Trident 4DWave sound driver oops

From: Stuart Young (sgy@amc.com.au)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 18:55:09 EST

At 05:19 PM 23/10/01 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > This kernel oops is totally reproducible (on every occasion) in 2.4.9,
> > 2.4.10, and 2.4.12. I have not tried earlier kernels in the 2.4 series,
> > but have tried 2.2.19pre17 (will explain other SiS Chipset funny business
> > in another message). All kernels were compiled while the machine was
> > running 2.2.19pre17.
>
>Does this problem go away if you build the driver modular. Im wondering
>if it matches another mysterious and similar report

I've built the trident driver as a module, and tried the sound support as
both a module and in-line, with the same results.

Haven't tried the trident driver and sound support in-line together. I'll
give this a try and see if there is any difference, or wether my machine
just oops's at boot.

Stuart Young - sgy@amc.com.au
(aka Cefiar) - cefiar1@optushome.com.au

[All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
[own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]