Re: SiS/Trident 4DWave sound driver oops

From: Michael F. Robbins (compumike@compumike.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 20:07:26 EST

I have a very similar OOPS that I reported to linux-kernel just last
week: see full details at
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0110.1/1690.html

> This kernel oops is totally reproducible (on every occasion) in 2.4.9,
> 2.4.10, and 2.4.12. I have not tried earlier kernels in the 2.4
> series

I also have a totally reproduceable OOPS on 2.4.9 through 2.4.12.
Kernel 2.4.7 works just fine. If the soundcard is compiled in to the
kernel, it dies while booting. If it is compiled as a module, it dies
when attempting to load the module (typically when artsd starts).

> The machine in question is a Clevo lp200t SiS630S "all-in-one"
> machine.

My machine is an ECS K7AMA: ALi 1645 northbridge, ALi Magic 1535D+
southbridge. Sound is onboard the southbridge. I ran ksymoops on my
OOPS report, so you can see the trace at the message archive.

Mike Robbins
compumike@compumike.com
(Please also cc your reply to me.)