Re: PROBLEM: 2.4.12: High disk activity + system load causes lockup

From: Peter Hamilton (lobsterphoneuk@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 16:58:35 EST

Regarding:

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:40:47 Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> Pete,
>
> Please try to reproduce the problem without the Nvidia driver loaded.

I can confirm that the system locks up reliably without the Nvidia
driver. This time I was doing a "mke2fs /dev/hda9" to create a
1Gb junk partition for testing this very problem :-) The system
died when it reached the "Writing superblocks...:" stage.

Back to 2.4.6 at the moment.

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please Cc: if you want me to
see replies - thanks.

All the best, Pete.