UDF DVD Physical Storage Limits 2.4.12

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 17:57:55 EST

Hi All,

This is probably an Andre or Jens question, does anyone know what
the maximun storage limits are with UDF given current DVD technology.
I am hearing we are limited to 16 GB on dual sided DVD with 2.4.12,
but this sounds like some sort of ISO limitation. Adaptec has some
UDF readers out on the market.

What is the maximum amount of data we can store via Linux on a
DVD platter with UDF with Linux 2.4.12 assuming highest density
media and dual sided.

Thanks.

Jeff