Re: [announce] [patch] limiting IRQ load, irq-rewrite-2.4.11-B5

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen (mailgate@hometree.net)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 02:41:18 EST

Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> writes:

>jamal wrote:
>>
>> I think you can save yourself a lot of pain today by going to a "better
>> driver"/hardware. Switch to a tulip based board; in particular one which
>> is based on the 21143 chipset. Compile in hardware traffic control and
>> save yourself some pain.

>The tulip driver only started working for my DLINK 4-port NIC
>after about 2.4.8, and last I checked the ZYNX 4-port still refuses
>to work, so I wouldn't consider it a paradigm of
>stability and grace quite yet. Regardless of that, it is often
>impossible to trade NICS (think built-in 1U servers), and claiming
>to only work correctly on certain hardware (and potentially lock up
>hard on other hardware) is a pretty sorry state of affairs...

Does it finally do speed and duplex auto negotiation with Cisco
Catalyst Switches? Something I never ever got to work with various 2.0
and 2.2 drivers, mode settings, Catalyst settings, IOS versions and
almost anything else that I ever tried.

        Regards
                Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 info@intermeta.de D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/