Re: [POT] Which journalised filesystem uses Linus Torvalds ?

From: Constantin Loizides (Constantin.Loizides@isg.de)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 02:32:50 EST

Hallo Sebastien,

> In terms of intergration into the kernel, functionnalities,
> stability and performance which one is the best for entreprise class
> servers

You might want to take a look at

http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~loizides/reiserfs/

where I try to answer the one of your criteria, namely performance,
and how performance behaves over time, eg. when the file system
is heavily used...

The focus is on ReiserFS compared to Ext2, though I plan to set up
some tests with XFS and JFS soon (to get the results before end
of october)

Constantin