Re: Virii on vger.kernel.org lists

From: Alan Olsen (alan@clueserver.org)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 17:49:03 EST

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Ian Stirling wrote:

> Not everyone has control of the system they can post from.
> Some IS departments are poor at keeping systems secure, but still
> won't let users touch them.

Or have been told by management that they are required to use buggy e-mail
clients because "it is company policy".

They tried to get me to use Exchange at the last company I worked for. I
laughed and then moved all my mail to the Linux box under my desk. I was
one of the few people in the company that had a stable mail account.

alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
 "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman