Virii on vger.kernel.org lists

From: Riley Williams (rhw@MemAlpha.CX)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 13:02:18 EST

Hi Matti.

First, let's have a subject that reflects the content...

>> Would it not be simple and effective to filter out mail
>> produced by Outlook?

> No. If you look carefully, you would be surprised at how many
> are using OutlookSExpress to handle their email.

> Of course in case of Viruses using OE security bugs, we all are
> seeing the distilled evil.

Is there any way we can set up an automatic virus scan of all
attachments at vger, and have it deal with any virii at source?

Come to that, is there a decent Linux-based virus scanner around?

> It is analogous on how I am seeing the UNRELIABILITY of people's
> email systems. I see only failure cases, never succesfull
> deliveries!

Same here...

> If you want to discuss on how to put stricter filters of things
> into VGER's Majordomo, you can do that with
> <postmaster@vger.kernel.org>

> Doing it at lists is waste of time, and misses *MY* attention!

Hopefully, this caught your attention...

Best wishes from Riley.