Re: ReiserFS / 2.4.6 / Data Corruption

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 06:42:20 EST

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 02:59:46PM +0400, Hans Reiser wrote:

    Sigh, I see I cannot persuade in this argument. It seems Linus is
    right, and debugging checks don't belong in debugged code even if
    they would make it easier for persons hacking on the code to debug
    their latest hacks.

In six months time, or whenever people feel more confident about
resierfs stability (there are still many bigs to be found) then these
checks can be relaxed.

Right now, reiserfs is still relatively new --- and its much more
complex and ext2, so having additional sanity checks is a good idea.

  --cw