RE: Test mail

From: Torrey Hoffman (torrey.hoffman@myrio.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 14:32:02 EST

Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> This does not mean you have to use Outlook to _send_ mail to
> the linux-kernel mailing list. Do this:

[...]

(sigh.) So you want me to change the way I (and other people) work
so.... Why was it again? So we can block the one message in 1000
that contains a Windows virus and was sent from Outlook?

and, incidentally, block bug reports and other potentially useful
mail and valid help requests from people who may not be subscribed,
may be having difficulty installing Linux...

And you think that's better than just blocking the viruses, or
binary attachments in general, or something else more rational?

Please.

Torrey