linux partitioning in IA64

From: hiufungeric.tse@utoronto.ca
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 15:26:12 EST

Hei,

I am trying to install seawolf(linux IA64) on an IA 64 machine. For
partitioning I went through several trails without success. (total # disk space
is 10G). After all the initial settings, I restarted the machine to EFI (boot
manager). Can't boot to linux and the EFI can't recognize files the
installation CD initially saved on the hard disk. Are there special ways or
tricks to partition the disk and to make it work?

thanks in advance
hiu fung