Re: squashing with knfsd

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 04:47:58 EST

On Monday July 23, ian@labfire.com wrote:
> hello all,
> i was wondering if someone could confirm that the "all_squash" and "anongid"
> keywords are functional in the 2.4 knfs daemon? i can't seem to get this to
> work... my /etc/exports file looks like this:
>
> /home bowman(rw,all_squash,anongid=501)
>
> yet no gid mapping seems to be occuring. actually, no squashing of any sort
> works (not even root_squash'ing to the nobody user). is there some trick to
> this, uid mapping like this even supposed to work with knfsd?
> any thoughts would be most appreciated.

It certainly should work (though I haven't tried it myself recently).

What makes you think that it doesn't?

Note: this doesn't do bi-directional uid/gid mapping.
The export line you have should mean that all access are performed as
though by uid "-2" and gid "501". The uid/gid in "ls" output will
still be whatever it is on the server.

NeilBrown