tty->name conversion?

From: Taral (taral@taral.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 02:36:47 EST

I noticed that ps still relies on device numbers to determine tty, since
/proc/*/stat only exports the device number. Is there any way to get the
device name? I noticed that it is not present in tty_struct anywhere
(proc_pid_stat() uses task->tty->device, which is a kdev_t).

This would be useful to consider if we ever intend to create real
unnumbered character/block devices.

--
Taral <taral@taral.net>
(This message is digitally signed. Please encrypt mail if possible.)