Re: CML2 1.0.0 doesn't remember configuration changes

From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 16:20:21 EST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 10:06:46PM -0400, esr@thyrsus.com wrote:
> Editconfig was a mistake. OK, I think I understand the rules now. Is it:
>
> (1) First, try to read from .config
> (2) If .config doesn't exist, read from $(ARCH)/defconfig
>
> ?

Right. But with the following constraints:

   make oldconfig takes _any_ .config from _any_ kernel and builds a
   new one for _this_ kernel asking any remaining questions

   make xconfig, make menuconfig, make config take a .config from
   _this_ kernel and configure for _this_ kernel

   if they don't find and .config, then they fall back to
   $(ARCH)/defconfig

Would be nice, if CML2 works like this too, because it's not nice
to go through all the options again, if I install a new kernel or
just want to change my current kernel config add a module.

But your CML2 is sure great work.

Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
10.+11.03.2001 - 3. Chemnitzer LinuxTag <http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<     been there and had much fun   >>>>>>>>>>>>