[BUG] serial ioctl not returning with 2.4.3

From: Steven Walter (srwalter@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 14:25:38 EST

When I try to start "agetty" on my serial line, agetty hangs in an
ioctl; according to strace, this ioctl is "SNDCTL_TMR_STOP". This
doesn't sound right, but that ioctl is defined as _IO('T', 3) if that
makes any more sense.

The reason that this must be a kernel bug is because agetty works
flawlessly in an identically-configured 2.4.2 kernel, and even a 2.4.3
kernel with the debugging tokens defined. I'd be glad to give any help
that I could.

--
-Steven
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.