Problems with Linux 2.4.1

From: Alexander Zvyagin (zvyagin@gamspc7.ihep.su)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 21:27:57 EST

Hello,

I have several problems with my computer (running RedHat 6.2) under Linux
2.4.1 kernel. (See attached files for more information).

Here is a short summary:

1) Audio card (based on SiS chipset) does not work due to incorrect
   initialization of PCI resources. It seems that this is not a problem of
   audio driver, but may be I am wrong.
   The kernel prints this message:

PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 00:01.4
  got res[1000:10ff] for resource 0 of Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
SiS PCI Audio Accelerator

2) Frame-buffer mode does not work with my video card SiS630.
   But ok, frame-buffer mode is EXPERIMENTAL in linux.
   Computer boots, but screen is blank. All messages are fine.

3) Kernel prints (working with DVD-ROM)
   hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
   I tried CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE to set NO and YES
   but nothing helped. Well, this is a minor problem, because the device
   works regardless of that message.

4) Sometimes computer hangs up. It does not happen too often
   (it happend 2 times), but I am curious why? There is no OOPS, and log
   files do not have any error messages... And I can not reproduce this
   bug.

I spend already several days in attempts to configure all my hardware
(mainly audio card) under linux properly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Please CC your answer to me because I am not member of your mail
list.

Thank you,
Alexander.