Article: Using test suites to test the new kernel

From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 19:43:27 EST

I've written a brief article on the topic of using test suites to test new linux
kernels.

It is my hope that anyone who wants to play with the new kernels will try out
some of these suites, not just people doing a formal QA process, so that more
coverage of configurations can be achieved.

Using Test Suites to Validate the Linux Kernel
http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/testsuites/

I cover the use of suites that test the correct functioning of applications (for
example, language compliance tests for Python and Kaffe's Java implementation)
as well as test suites aimed directly at testing Linux itself.

Links to five different packages with test suites are given. I'd appreciate
hearing of any more that you know about.

I also appreciate your comments on how I can improve the article. This is a
first draft.

Regards,

Mike Crawford

--