Mount system call hangs up the system

From: sswapnee@in.ibm.com
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 07:17:10 EST

Hello Everybody

I am trying to mount a filesystem on Linux 2.4.0-test10 kernel using the
mount() function.
When I call this function the system just hangs up. I have to restart
linux by switching off and on.
Can somebody tell me why mount call just hangs? Is there anyway to take a
dump when
the call is being executed.

I tried looking for description about mount but couldnt find anything
helpful. I will really appreciate
if someone can share his/her experience regarding the same.

Thanks and Regards
Swapneel

P.S Please include my email id in the Cc list as I have not subscribed to
this list.

Swapneel D. Shah
IBM Global Services India Ltd,
email:sswapnee@in.ibm.com