Re: TIOCGDEV ioctl

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 06:40:11 EST

According to Alexander Viro:
> OK, I can see the point of finding out where the console is redirected
> to. How about the following:
>
> /proc/sys/vc -> /dev/tty<n>
> /proc/sys/console -> where the hell did we redirect it or
> vc if there's no redirect right now
> Will that be OK with you?

Well, I'd prefer the ioctl, but I can see the general direction the
kernel is heading to: get rid of numeric ioctls and sysctl()s and
put all that info under /proc.

However /proc/sys only contains directories now, it would look
kindof ugly to put 2 symlinks in there directly. Oh well.

Mike.

--
RAND USR 16514