Re: Kernel panic: VFS: LRU block list corrupted

From: Lee Leahu (lee@ricis.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 06:32:51 EST

sorry - i forgot that i needed to include more info, i'm new to mailling lists.

We recently upgraded our server to kernel 2.2.16 because there was a bug in
2.2.14
and the new sendmail required at least 2.2.16.

We built our computer from Abit BE6-II motherboards, Pentium III 550 MHz,
512Kb cache,
256 Megs ram, 3com 905c nics, 3dfx Vodoo 3 3000 video cards
maxtor 30G hard drive, standard floppy drive, decend CD-ROM drive

i'm not very familiar with klog, but i'll go with klogd.
do i append a '-x' to the line that calls klogs in the startup scripts or
is there some other better way of preventing klogd from destroying
the Oops information.

Then i guess ksymoops. decodes the oops info

Lee Leahu
System Administrator
lee@ricis.com