Re: Is there a Linux trademark issue with sun?

From: Rob Landley (telomerase@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 14:28:21 EST

--- Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Rob Landley wrote:
> > >people just don't get it, do you? All Linux
> > >applications run on Solaris, which is our
> > >implementation of Linux. Now ask the question
> again,"
>
> I wouldn't worry about this. It's only a question
> of time
> before people will start to ask him why Sun isn't
> shipping
> the "original Linux" but has their own, strange,
> version ;)

Sure. But why HAVE a trademark if we don't enforce
it?

Grassroots support is always a wondeful thing, and
educating the public is extremely important. Then
again, what McNealy's trying to confuse his customers.
 Enforcing the trademark would therefore serve an
educational purpose, wouldn't it? :)

> cheers,
>
> Rik

Rob

> Hollywood goes for world dumbination,
> Trailer at 11.

Projector finally fixed, film at 11.
Coughing fit strikes city, phlegm at 11.
Mad dog on mains treat, foam at 11...

This counts as a genre, doesn't it?

Rob

... I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.