Re: 2.2.18 signal.h

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 13:54:33 EST

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 06:59:24PM +0100, Franz Sirl wrote:
> It's required by ISO C, and since that's the standard now, gcc spits out a
> warning. Just adding a ; is enough and already done for most stuff in
> 2.4.0-test12.

I'm not complaining gcc folks, I just dislike the new behaviour in general,
it's inconsistent.

This is wrong:

x()
{

        switch (1) {
        case 0:
        case 1:
        case 2:
        case 3:
        }
}

and this is right:

x()
{

        switch (1) {
        case 0:
        case 1:
        case 2:
        case 3:
        ;
        }
}

Why am I required to put a `;' only in the last case and not in all
the previous ones? Or maybe gcc-latest is forgetting to complain about
the previous ones ;)

Anyway it's a minor issue, if the standard says so we'll live with it.

(and it's also getting offtopic...)

Andrea