Re: pdev_enable_device no longer used ?

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 17:39:31 EST

   Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:28:18 +0100 (CET)
   From: Gérard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>

   You can be as dump as you want with PCI, but not that much. :-)

Your point is well taken.

   Btw, unlike the person, that proposed it, that will be able to test
   peer-to-peer unability only, my current machine will allow to test
   peer-to-peer ability only between 2 different PCI BUSes. :-)

   For now, my intention is to encapsulate the right interface as seen from
   my brain device in macros and forget about it until a new interface will
   be provided. I will first implement it on SYM-2 and backport changes to
   sym53c8xx later. And since I need the new major driver version to be
   tested on non-Intel platforms, this will make full synergy for the
   testings. :-)

Ok, meanwhile I will try to code up the generic interface. It will
work like this: 1) I will code up something I know each port can
implement 2) I will show it to those here and everyone can tell me if
they can make use of it at all :-)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com