[patch] I-Opener fix (again)

From: alex@foogod.com
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 18:23:31 EST

It's been a few months (and a couple of kernel releases) since I mentioned this
before and it doesn't look like it's made it in, and I haven't seen any more
comments on it in the list archives, so I'm bringing it up again in case it
just got forgotten about somewhere along the line..

As I remember, Andre Hedrick had asked for clarification on my original post,
and I sent a followup message in response, but now I can't seem to find it
anywhere in the archives, so I don't know whether it never made it out of my
mailer or..

In any case, attached is a patch (against 2.4.0pre11) which fixes the bug which
causes disk detection issues on I-Opener (and possibly other unusual) hardware.

The problem is that the code assumes that a flash-disk will always be the
primary disk on an interface, but on the I-Opener this is not always the case.
If a traditional disk is primary, and a flashdisk is secondary, the detection
code (wrongly) disables the primary disk that it had already previously
detected.

I would like to see this make it into the official source as it's a very small
change that fixes some obviously wrong behavior..

-alex