Re: aic7xxx version status for 2.4.0test ?

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 16:52:23 EST

>Hi all,
>
>am I right that the aic7xx version in latest test is 5.2.1 ? Is there a
>reason why this is not up to date to Doug Ledfords 5.1.31 ?

My hope is that the Adaptec sponsored driver will eventually
become the driver embedded in 2.4.X kernels. This driver is
currently in Alpha (Beta to be released later today) and can
be found here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

I know the site hosting the driver is a little, well, ironic,
for a Linux driver, but there is too much red tape involved
to distribute the driver from Adaptec's own site while it is
still evolving, and FreeBSD.org has excellent connectivity.

--
Justin