Freeze and reboot with 2.4.0-test12-pre5

From: Steven Walter (srwalter@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 01:04:32 EST

Several times now, at seemingly random intervals, my computer has frozen
solid. The computer was not under high load--XMMS playing and my typing
an email in mutt. X was frozen, the soundcard played the same sound
repeatedly, and ctrl+alt+del did nothing. SysRq, however, caused the
computer to reboot. Not just SysRq+b, but also SysRq+s. This has
happened at least 3 times. The system is a AMD-K6/2 500MHz Model 8,
Steeping 12, kernel 2.4.0-test12-pre5+reiserfs, running XFree86 4.0.1

No other useful debug information could be obtained.

--
-Steven
"Voters decide nothing.  Vote counters decide everything."