Re: Serial cardbus code.... for testing, please.....

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 13:13:50 EST

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Jens Taprogge wrote:

> I have a Megaherz card as well. It has been working fine ever since
> Linus fixed some issues with the ToPIC97 Cardbus controller. It reports
> a 16550A on my machine.

I checked my VAIO's, and they all have a Ricoh cardbus bridge.

Ted claimed he had a TI1311 or something, I think. So his VAIO is
definitely different from the ones I have. That may be enough of a
difference.

(But I know I've tried TI bridges too, and have had multiple success
reports with them. They are not uncommon. They _do_ tend to need more
initialization than some of the other bridges, and maybe that's the
difference. Ted, can you send me the lspci -vvxxx output with the full
config space setup?)

                Linus