Re: Serial cardbus code.... for testing, please.....

From: Jens Taprogge (taprogge@idg.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 08:54:28 EST

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 12:41:24AM -0500, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> In the case of the MegaHertz modem PCMCIA card and the Linksys combo
> PCMCIA card, card registers manage to survive the serial driver's UART
> test (although as a 8250 or 16450, instead of the 16550A that's really
> in those cards, meaning it failed the more advanced loopback and FIFO
> tests).

I have a Megaherz card as well. It has been working fine ever since
Linus fixed some issues with the ToPIC97 Cardbus controller. It reports
a 16550A on my machine.

I have been using the card to connect to my ISP day-in and day-out with
no problems.

If you want me to run some specific test on this box let me know.

Jens

PS: I have everything compiled into the kernel.

--
Jens Taprogge