Re: USB mouse stops working

From: Gerald Haese (Gerald.Haese@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 05:19:47 EST

Am Samstag, 11. November 2000 01:40 schrieb Greg KH:

>> I'm using an SMP system. Everything works fine and (absolutely) stable -
>> exept my USB mouse :-( It's the USB version of the Wacom Graphire tablet.
>> The mouse works great for some minutes or up to half an hour and it
>> generates a lot of interrupts during this time ... And now the mouse stops
>> working. No interrupt is generated. The USB printer does not work any
>> more. Unloading and reloading of the USB related modules does not help :-(
>> No interrupts are registered for USB (seen in /proc/interrupts).

> What is the output of /proc/interrupts? Is USB sharing an interrupt
> with anything else?

Here it is:

           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 48988 28737 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 457 276 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  7: 2 0 IO-APIC-edge parport0
  8: 0 2 IO-APIC-edge rtc
  9: 1085 968 IO-APIC-edge HiSax
 13: 0 0 XT-PIC fpu
 16: 11 10 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
 18: 14845 14797 IO-APIC-level usb-uhci
 19: 2982 3028 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
NMI: 77639 77638
LOC: 77623 77619
ERR: 1

I have a PCI USB board with a uhci compliant (I hope so) VIA chip.

Gerald