Re: Patch generation

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 22:56:28 EST

  [Dan Aloni]
> > Then you run this script (I got it when Riel pasted it on IRC)
> >
> > for i in `find ./ -name \*.orig` ; do diff -u $i `dirname $i`/`basename $i
> > .orig` ; done

That works, but see http://bugs.debian.org/64958 for my variant: a
fairly trivial diff diff that adds a flag '-k' which lets you specify
your backup suffix, then it just takes one file|dir instead of two.

  diff -urN -Xdontdiff -k.orig {source-tree}

It's been sent to Paul Eggert (of diffutils); no word so far.

[George Anzinger]
> (I prefer EMACS, which likes to unlink.)

No it doesn't, not always. Your choice:

  (setq make-backup-files nil)
  (setq backup-by-copying t)

Peter