Re: Any dual AGP slot motherboards?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 15:41:07 EST

>Apple sells a computer with dual AGP slots. I just was looking for a intel
>box like this. Since AGP is a port on the PCI bus it is possible to have
>more than one AGP port on a/each PCI bus but this requires the PCI chipset
>to support this.

Well, I don't know of such a Mac. To my knowledge, the only Apple box to
have an AGP slot are the ones based on the "Core99" chipset, and they
provide one AGP slot. You won't be lucky with Apple HW anyway as there
are currently issues between the AGP controller and the Linux agpgart
driver preventing from using it. Those issues are tricky and I don't
think a solution will be available soon. (Apple chipset can make the AGP
aperture visible to the CPU AFAIK).

Ben.