Re: Question: Using floating point in the kernel

From: Timur Tabi (ttabi@interactivesi.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 11:38:24 EST

** Reply to message from "Lyle Coder" <x_coder@hotmail.com> on Wed, 20 Sep 2000
01:50:05 GMT

> You cannot use MMX registers in the kernel either, since the kernel doesen't
> save and restore FX state (fxsave, fxrstor) either (just like
> (fsave/frstor).

But what about these source files:

include/asm-i386/mmx.h (which several other header files, like asm-i386/page.h,
include)
arch/i386/lib/mmx.c
arch/i386/lib/usercopy.c

It appears that MMX is being used in the kernel already.

--
Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com