Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on native Linux"

From: Thomas Zehetbauer (thomasz@hostmaster.org)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 12:21:30 EST

> quote> SCO's Juergen Kienhoefer tells us that by mapping clone processes
> quote> directly onto UnixWare's native threads, huge performance gains
> quote> can be realised. "Basically thread creation is about a thousand
> quote> times faster than on native Linux," he said. The performance boost
> quote> could particularly benefit applications such as Domino, according
> quote> to Kienhoefer.
*ROTFL*
As they are referring to Domino as an application that can benefit from faster
thread creation they obviously do not have any clue what performance and
threading is all about.
I would put this in the same folder as the 'Linux is Open Source and hence
cannot be secured' message before - this was /dev/null here.

        Tom

Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89