Re: Newbie question: mmap() and file descriptor limits

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 15:33:11 EST

    Does this issue still exist in the 2.4 kernel series? If not, are
    there any plans for resolving it? Any suggestions for how I could
    modify the web server to avoid making the system unusable?

You can use _many_ FDs under recent 2.2.x kernels and the upcoming
2.4.x. I have an application which runs all the time which uses over
10,000 at any one time...

  --cw