Re: Upgrading a 2.2.14-5.0 kernel to 2.2.16-3 kernel

From: David Relson (relson@osagesoftware.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:06:27 EST

Alex,

'mkinitrd', which is in /sbin on my Mandrake 7.1 system can be used to
create a new initrd. 'man mkinitrd' will tell you what you need to know
about it.

Don't forget that lilo allows you to define multiple boot
configurations. An appropriate (second) entry in /etc/lilo.conf will set
up your system so that you can choose to boot from your new 2.2.16 kernel
or from your current 2.2.14 kernel. If the new kernel won't boot, you can
still get to (and use) the old kernel.

David