Problem booting 2.4.0-test series

From: root (craig.wilkie@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 16:09:02 EST

With all of 2.4.0-test series, and at least 2.3.51, I've been unable to boot. I'm in the process of getting other 2.3 kernels, to see where the problem was introduced.

My PC hangs after "OK, booting the kernel". I have a pentium, but this problem occurs whether I configure the kernel as pentium, 486 or 386.

I've never had a problem with the 2.2 series, and currently use 2.2.16. Can anyone suggest a way for me to track down this problem. I cant really debug tanything, since I hang before the boot process is anywhere near complete.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Craig Wilkie
craig.wilkie@bigfoot.com