Re: Broken /proc/meminfo ?

From: Jason R Fink (jrf@diverge.org)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 15:22:37 EST

> can't we set them to -1 instead? i think people are more likely to
> understand that -1 is `can't answer question' then 0.

on OpenBSD some stats that came from the kernel were decided not to be
included in userland. this resulted in negative top values for kernel
processes (i believe this cropped up on 2.7 - not sure). Anyway - users still
asked if it was a bug, I don't think setting it to -1 would make a
difference.

jrf