Segfault and coredump when I quit mail. (CC messages, nonsubscriber)

From: pi (pi_ichat@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 20:36:26 EST

Here is a section of my terminal log: up to {EndOfLog}
[pi@nec pi]$ mail
Mail version 8.1 6/6/93. Type ? for help.
"/var/spool/mail/pi": 1 message
> 1 MAILER-DAEMON@nec.dy Mon Aug 21 12:31 13/541 "DON'T DELETE THIS MES"
& t
Message 1:
 From MAILER-DAEMON Mon Aug 21 12:31:27 2000
Date: 21 Aug 2000 12:31:27 -0400
From: Mail System Internal Data <MAILER-DAEMON@nec.dyndns.org>
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
with the data reset to initial values.

& q
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[pi@nec pi]$
{EndOfLog}
If I only access mail without typing a message, it doesn't segfault.
pine or elm do not either. Has anybody seen this?

Pleaase CC me messages, because I am not subscribed