Re: linux kernel v2.4.0-test7 problems

From: Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 07:41:03 EST

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 11:58:15PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:06:31 +0300 (EEST)
> From: Ahmed El-Mahmoudy <ant1@ants.net.dhis.org>

> 1. When I compiled IPv6 INSIDE the kernel, the kernel crashes at startup.

> Can you please send a ksymoops processed OOPS log of
> the crash?

> Without this information, the bug cannot be fixed.

        I'm experiencing the same thing. Problem is that the Oops occurs
so early (right after the initial Net IPv6 message) that the Oops will
have to be copied down by hand. I don't have a serial console.

        Expect my data later today when I can take the time to recompile
the kernel with it hard linked in and blow up my workstation a few times. :-)

> 2. So, I compiled IPv6 as a modules, so when I insmod ipv6, I get
> unresolved symbol error messages.

> Can you show the list of these unresolved symbols?
> All together now: "Without this information, the bug cannot be
> fixed."

        I didn't see this. When I modprobe ipv6 is loads with no error.

> Thanks.

> Later,
> David S. Miller
> davem@redhat.com