Re: How to access each packet sent to the network

From: Ravi Wijayaratne (ravi@dropzone.tamu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 16:08:09 EST

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Aamir Shaikh wrote:
Aamir,

I think all packets are queued to the network device from the protocol
stack in
--------
int dev_queue_xmit(struct sk_buff *skb)
in
net/core/dev.c
--------
(I assume you use IP).

I would also encourage you to look at Linux network QOS implementations.
You might be able to do what you want to do without modifying
the kernel.

There is a excellant web page which describes this at
http://qos.ittc.ukans.edu/

Hope this helps
Ravi