Re: Fujutsu Hard drives & Linux - problems

From: Andreas Haumer (andreas@xss.co.at)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 13:05:46 EST

Hi!

Shawn Starr wrote:

> No :-) I think I fixed my problem, I moved the drive from secondary master
> to primary master, no dma issues so far
>
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Vinche wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> > Did you guys overclocked your systems?
> > Fujitsu can't work normally on overclocked bus, only 66MHz max.

I'm not convinced...

We definitely do not overclock our systems, and as I said
the MPE3136AT drive is the only device on the IDE bus.
On both systems they are configured as primary master.

Is anybody else out here running those Fujitsu drives on
ASUS P5A boards? I would like to know if you also see IDE
timeouts and bus resets. It would also be interesting to
know if you do _not_ have problems with this board/HDD
combination.
Either way, please include production date and/or revision
number of motherboard and disk drive. As both systems where
we see those problems came with the same shipment, it's
perhaps a problem with a specific firmware, bios or chipset
release...

Thanks.

- andreas

--