Re: A simple question about readw, readw and the like

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 08:31:27 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
> Strangely enough this is exactly what the drivers/scsi/ncr53c8xx.c
> driver (which I used as an example in a previous email) does too, so
> you can just steal the arch ifdef mania from there to get the
> necessary functionality.

Speaking of which, this section of ncr53c8xx.c

** On x86 architecture, write buffers management does
** not reorder writes to memory. So, using compiler
** optimization barriers is enough to guarantee some
** ordering when the CPU is writing data accessed by
** the NCR.
** On Alpha architecture, explicit memory barriers have
** to be used.
** Other architectures are defaulted to mb() macro if
** defined, otherwise use compiler barrier.

can be replaced by wmb() now, can't it?

-- Jamie